This is my go-to recipe for a classic burger. Best steak mince is combined with shallot, rosemary, thyme and Dijon to create a rich and satisfying burger which is great cooked on the grill.
Best served with browned onion, lettuce, dill pickles and spiced mayo on a brioche bun.
750g Minced Beef (85% Lean), 2 Banana Shallots (Finely Diced), Small Handful Thyme Leaves, 1 Rosemary Sprig (Leaves Finely Chopped), 2tbsp Breadcrumbs, 1 Egg White, 1tsp Sea Salt, 1tsp Cracked Black Pepper, 1tsp Worcestershire Sauce, 1tbsp Dijon Mustard, 1tbsp Tomato Ketchup
1) Sauté the shallot with the thyme and rosemary in a little oil over a medium heat until soft and lightly coloured – around 8 minutes. Allow to cool.
2) Combine the minced beef with all other ingredients (including the shallot mixture) in a large bowl and mix well until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
3) Shape the mixture into equal burgers and transfer to the fridge to set for at least an hour.
4) Place a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and add a little neutral oil. Fry the burgers for around 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
5) Serve on a brioche bun with some lettuce, pickles, onion and spiced mayo.