A delicious version of the classic New York baked cheesecake – a soft vanilla centre is topped with a vibrant, fresh blueberry jelly.
This recipe is made with a gluten free base (the topping is naturally gluten free) which can be substituted for an ordinary biscuit base if desired.
Blueberry New York Cheesecake
180g Digestive Biscuits (Gluten Free)
85g Unsalted Butter (Melted)
750g Cream Cheese (Softened)
1 Can Condensed Milk
2tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
2 Large Eggs (Beaten)
1 Lemon (Juice and Zest)
150 Fresh Blueberries
1tbsp Cast Sugar
2 Gelatine Leaves
1) Preheat the oven to 150C. Place the digestives in a food processor, whilst blitzing slowly pour in the butter until well combined. Transfer to a medium lined cake tin (preferably spring form). Bake the base in the oven for 10 minutes, remove and set aside.
2) Beat the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in the condensed milk until fully combined. Add the vanilla and eggs – mixing well to combine. Pour onto the biscuit base.
3) Transfer to the oven and bake for around 40 minutes – until the cheesecake has the slightest wobble in the centre. Turn off the oven and allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven for 30 minutes before removing. Transfer to the fridge to cool for a few hours.
4) Make the blueberry jelly: bloom the gelatine in a little cold water. Combine the blueberries and caster sugar in a pan with 4 tablespoons of water. Simmer for 5 minutes until the blueberries begin to break down. Add the gelatine leaves and stir to dissolve. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
5) Pour the jelly on top of the cheesecake and level. Transfer to the fridge to fully set – around 2 hours.