This is my mum’s delicious recipe for baked coconut cheesecake – packed full of tropical, aromatic flavour with a little Malibu to brighten up those gloomy days!
This recipe is made with a gluten free base (the topping is naturally gluten free) which can be substituted for an ordinary biscuit base if desired.
Coconut Cheesecake (Gluten Free)
170g Gluten Free Digestive Biscuits
85g Unsalted Butter (Melted)
40g Desiccated Coconut
500g Cream Cheese
1 tin Condensed Milk
3 Limes (Juice and Zest)
2 Large Eggs
2-3 tbsp Malibu
1) Pre heat oven to 160C. Combine the digestives and coconut in a food processor, whilst blitzing slowly pour in the butter until well combined. Transfer to a small lined cake tin (preferably spring form).
2) Bake the base in the oven for 10 minutes. Transfer to the fridge to cool.
3) Meanwhile make the topping – whisk the cream cheese until soft. Slowly add the condensed milk and the eggs, whisking until combined.
4) Add the lime juice and zest to one half of the topping mixture. Add the Malibu to the other half of the mixture. Stir both to combine.
5) Pour the lime topping onto the base. Pour the Malibu topping on top of the lime topping, levelling with a spatula.
6) Bake in the oven for around 45 minutes or until just set.