The simplest, most satisfying recipe ever! With only 4 ingredients, you can have a gloriously delicious ham which will take care of lunches for the whole week.
I always try to cook a ham at least one a week. If you are used to buying your ham pre-cooked, please try this recipe and you will be converted. It is much more economical and tasty.
Dry curing is the key to a good ham, buying a ham which has been dry cured will give you delicious flavour which is not overly salty and you won’t get any of the nasty white stuff coming out when you cook it.
I love this simple glaze, but would love to hear your recommendations.
Home Baked Ham
1 Boneless Ham Joint (Any size you wish)
For the Glaze:
1 Part Whole grain Mustard
2 Parts Runny Honey
2 Parts Clementine or Orange Juice (Freshly Squeezed)
1) Cook your ham in the usual way. 20 minutes before it is ready, remove from the oven.
2) To make the glaze, combine the ingredients and mix well.
3) Remove any skin and/or string from the ham. Make a criss-cross pattern into the ham fat about 0.5cm deep.
4) Smother the ham with the glaze (I use a pastry brush).
5) Cook the ham at 180C for 20 minutes until nicely browned.