This is a gloriously quick dish to knock up for a delicious supper. With few ingredients to prepare it can be ready in as little as 15 minutes. Using good quality linguine will ensure the sauce clings to the pasta and you don’t lose any.
This is a sure winner for a casual dinner party or family supper and will brighten up those gloomy days.
Serves 2 (Easily Multiplied)
1 Packet raw prawns
6 Spring onions – sliced diagonally
Small tub of sun-blushed tomatoes with their oil
Handful of cherry tomatoes – Halved
1 Clove garlic – Chopped
1 Red chilli – De-seeded and chopped
1 Glass dry white wine
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Handful rocket – Chopped
Handful basil – Chopped
1) Put the linguine on to cook in a large pan of boiling salted water. Put a large sauté pan on to medium heat with 3 tbsp olive oil.
2) Once the linguine is half-cooked (around 4 mins) put the chopped garlic, chilli, spring onions, cherry tomatoes and sun-blushed tomatoes into the sauté pan. Allow to fry for 1 min.
3) Add the glass of wine to the pan, followed by the prawns. Turn the heat up high. Cook for 2 mins. By now your pasta should be cooked.
4) Drain the linguine and add to the sauce. Stir in the chopped rocket and basil, tossing the pasta in the pan to coat.
5) Add the lemon juice, toss to mix, then serve.
Equally as tasty without the prawns and with the addition of toasted pine nuts just before serving.